Mobile gantry and roof
Origin of the project
The idea for the project arose from observing the retractable glazed dome of a municipal swimming pool that partially opened in summer.
The “mobile superstructure” created a “Wow!” effect.
In less than 5 minutes one can have completely different atmospheres, in the swimming pool, both indoors and outdoors.
A fully retractable structure consists of a vertical translation gantry which sinks into the ground.
A horizontal translation mobile roof covers the pool house.
In summer the swimming pool can thus be completely uncovered whereas in winter one has an indoor swimming pool at one’s disposal.
- Location: Toulouse region
- Dimension of the lifting gantry: 7.00 m x 11.00 x 3.50 m
- Lifting height: 3.5 m
- Dimension of the mobile roof: 7.00 m x 11.00 m
- Size of the swimming pool: 4.00 m x 8.00 m
- Movable floor: Aqualift
- Coating of the swimming pool: stones
- Complete filtration kit
- Counter-current swimming system
- Heat pump for heating the water
- Dehumidifier with ducts and extraction vents.
- Metal structure on 4 screw jacks for lifting the gantry.
- Metal structure on 6 wheels which moves along two rails above the pool house.
Budget: approximately 500 000 € including tax
(lifting gantry and mobile roof)